On November 3rd, 4th, and 5th, VC4A and ABAN hosted the 8th edition of the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit (#AESIS2021): Online and complemented by in-person Investor Meetups hosted in 13 cities around the world. The event welcomed more than 2,000 delegates attending from 75 countries around the world, the largest gathering to date, with more than 600 early-stage Angel and VC investors connecting at the annual summit to take stock of the industry’s progress and to chart the way forward.
Early-stage investing in Africa: Breaking new barriers
Despite the global COVID-19 pandemic, the capital flow into African venture increases at record speed, celebrating more than 10 African unicorns and surpassing the $3 billion invested in Africa ventures.
Is this part of an unprecedented drive to back innovation on the continent or simply the result of an uptick in startup funding activity seen globally? Are there reasons to be cautious or is it still full speed ahead?
The flurry of activity from global players and the accelerated momentum across the continent are certainly welcome, regardless, how do we capitalize on this momentum in our quest to realize Africa’s full potential? How are we doing in terms of building strong fundamentals for the ecosystem and what is being done to position the industry for the road ahead?
- Meet and connect with the leaders from the Africa startup, innovation and investment industry
- The latest trends, insights and industry research
- Workshops and masterclasses for both aspiring and practicing investors by investors
- Exclusive virtual networking and co-investment opportunities
- Opportunity to nominate startups in your portfolio to attend this event
In short: a rich networking experience with a highly focused yet varied program.