For investors, by investors
Recap the recently held Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2023, which took place in-person at the Avenue Cape Town. This event served as the premier gathering for investors passionate about Africa’s startup ecosystem.
- 2 full days of engaging masterclasses and breakaway sessions
- Custom investor experiences
- Deal morning including Venture Showcase and LP/GP Office Hours
- Networking cocktail, breakfast and lunches
- Ecosystem side event
- Family Office Side Event
- Impact Series and Exit Series
Year in Review
- Monthly virtual investor masterclasses
- 10 global investor meetups
- 31 Africa investor meetups
- In-person Summit in Cape Town on November 30 + December 1
- Ecosystem side event on December 2
We’re happy to announce this years summit took place at the Avenue Conference and Event Venue, at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town. Follow the link below to check out the venue.
Recapping the reasons you attended
- Rubbing shoulders with a diverse community of investors from across Africa and beyond. Forging strategic partnerships, sharing insights, and discovering new investment opportunities that can fuel your portfolio’s growth.
High-Impact Deal FlowDiscovering a carefully curated selection of the most promising early-stage startups in Africa. Helping you to become part of the growth story and invest in the next big thing.
Engaging DiscussionsParticipating in interactive sessions on topics like fundraising, scaling operations, market entry strategies, and impact investing. Gaining practical insights that can supercharge your investment journey.
Unforgettable ExperiencesImmerse yourself in the vibrant culture, energy, and dynamism of Cape Town. Explore the local startup ecosystem and witness the incredible innovation happening on the continent.
This years speakers
Aly El Shalakany
Anthony William Catt
Gerrad Olisa Ashar
Gregoire de Padirac
Hannah Subayi Kamuanga
Karen Serem Waithaka
Thomas Van Halen
Wim van der Beek
AESIS Advisory Board
We are thrilled to introduce our new Advisory Committee.
These accomplished individuals bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to our team and we’re grateful for their commitment to our mission. Their collective expertise have shaped the content, speakers, and sessions, guaranteeing a program that was insightful, impactful, and relevant.
Stats that make us rock
Year-round series of live virtual masterclasses
Our year-round series is designed to bring together subject matter experts from the community to share their insights and perspectives on “10x-ing Early Stage Investing in Africa.”
So far, we have had three remarkable parts of this series, each featuring insightful discussions with prominent industry leaders:
- April: Part 1 – Tomi Davies (TD) and Ben White
- May: Part 2 – Axel Peyriere and Nick Vielle
- June: Part 3 – Eunice Ajim et Tidjane Deme (francophone)
- August: Part 4 – Kevin Simmons and Sewu-Steve Taiwa
Leading up to the main event in November/December, we brought our renowned investor meetups to even more cities across Africa and beyond. We are invited passionate investors like you to join these meetups in 40 cities around the world on September 7th and October 5th, 2023.
We’re excited about our growing list of cities that signed up and welcomed you to join:
Abidjan | Abuja | Accra | Addis Ababa | Amsterdam | Austin | Beijing | Cairo | Cape Town | Casablanca | Conakry | Dallas | Dar Es Salaam | Dodoma | Douala | Dubai | Gaborone | Johannesburg | Kampala | Kigali | Kinshasa | Lagos | Lilongwe | Lome | London | Lusaka | Maputo | Moroni | Nairobi | Paris | Port Harcourt | Port Louis | Praia | San Francisco | Tunis | Windhoek | Yaounde | Zagreb